An extensive gut renovation and addition to a waterfront home enabled our team to fulfill a wish list the homeowners had dreamed about for years. The original 15-year-old house has breathtaking views of the Long Island sound, Manursing Island, and a peninsula of Greenwich, CT waterfront homes.
After several months of planning, demolishing part of the existing home, doubling the square footage with an addition, and completing the finishing design touches, the family is enjoying this exquisite home.
While this home presents a traditional-looking Shingle-style facade, modern technology and aesthetics provide luxury, comfort and convenience inside. For this renovation, Rich Rosano and the RRBuilders team had the pleasure of working with an A+ project team that included architectural firm Brooks & Falotico (New Canaan, CT), Laura Tutun Interiors (Rye, NY), landscape architect Mary Beth Lubeck (Rye, NY) and the terrific homeowners!
Challenges for this renovation included extreme winter weather during the rough carpentry stages, a rock ledge throughout the project site, and marrying the old with the new. However, in the end, as these projects always do, everything came together beautifully.
Exterior features include:
- Custom infinity edge pool blending the views of the Long Island sound, with glass panels for perimeter safety, and a separate spa
- Extensive hardscaping for entertaining and a beautiful flow around the property
- Automatic snow melt system for driveway and walkways
- Custom auto screens for screened-in porch
Interior features include:
- Living room and dining room with custom three-sided interior fireplace cladded with marble slabs and lightweight concrete hearth
- Custom millwork throughout home, including cerused rift-sawn oak bar room
- Kitchen with custom engineered and designed rolling island and table, both using a marble slab with mitered edge build-down
- High efficiency GEO thermal cooling and heating systems
Custom three-sided interior fireplace cladded with marble slabs and lightweight concrete hearth.